Tuesday, February 5, 2013

For the love of gardening!

I love gardening!
The only problem is that I live in an apartment in Seattle. I wont let my lack of a yard hold me back, and so I have decided to do as much as I can with my little space. I have a bright 3rd story apartment with a decently sized balcony and some rather large window sills. I currently have two Juniper Bonsais which are on the balcony and one Dracaena which gets lots of sunlight on my window sill. I will post pictures below. First I would like to share how I become so passionate about plants and gardening.

I fell in love with gardening and plants when I spent a year as a gardener in Haifa, Israel at the Baha'i world center. Spending a year taking care of some of the most beautiful gardens in the world created a passion in me that will never go away.

I am by no means anything close to an expert on the topic of gardening, and that is not what the purpose of this blog is. I wanted to create a place where I can share things that I  am interested in and share some helpful tips that I have found. I am currently moderating a sub-reddit about this very topic and was inspired to do something more personal. Please check it out at /r/indoorgarden.
If anyone has any suggestions or advice for me I would love to hear what you have to say!
Bye for now,
The Indoor Gardener

A picture of me as a gardener in Haifa

Juniper Bonsai

Dracaena






No comments:

Post a Comment